Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have an 11 year old, 63# Weinmariner who sprayed blood all…

Customer Question
Good Day, I have an 11...
Good Day,
I have an 11 year old, 63# ***** who sprayed blood all over the car while shaking her head. This eruption of blood covered the ceiling, seats, driver and windshield. She also has developed a druping sunken eye (Possible Horner's).
She did not see the vet for 5 days after the incident.
After through examination (with xrays, blood tests,probes) and extensive caring, time and worry from the vet. We still don't have and answer for the blood spray.
She is taking steroids but the eye in not responding well.
Thoughts.
Kind Regards,
***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

George, was there no obvious source of such extensive bleeding at the time she shook her head? That would be curious indeed.