Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My teacup yorkie puppie over ate i think and her stomach

Customer Question

My teacup yorkie puppie over ate i think and her stomach feels slightly hard
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am sorry to hear your little one has a slightly hard stomach

Things to do:
- Get her moving, even laps around the house with her size will encourage gi motility and stomach emptying
- Massage her belly with her chest up higher in order to help her relieve any gas in her stomach and pat to see if that releases any gas
- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg/pound every 12 hours to help reduce stomach acids which can add to the bloating

Hopefully this will allow her to feel a little more comfortable tonight but walking is the key to emptying of the stomach, reducing gas buildup and any abdominal cramping

Please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight, I hope she is feeling better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am online another 15 minutes to assist you both tonight

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, I hope your little one is more comfortable today and would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Betsy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Betsy Tinervin. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman