Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Why is he scooting on the floor

Customer Question
why is he scooting on the floor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is your dog?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Any diarrhea?

4- Can you take a look at his butt and see if you see anything abnormal like swelling, sores, feces, etc.?

He is a year old, and scooting started today. I do see compacted stool.

1- Is the stool stuck in the anal opening or within the hair?

I'm waiting for your call.

I am not able to make a call, but, I will be happy to answer your question on this thread.

He appears to be sick, will not eat or drink. Continues to scoot on floor. Stool appears to be in his hair in anal arear.

1- Any vomiting?

2- Is he lethargic?

he is lethargic, no vomiting.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

I have been charged for the call that I have not received.

Friend, I did not accept the call request. I will opt out so that another expert that can make a call can help you. Feel free to contact customer service for any issues involving charges.

what is the number for customer service. I would like an answer soon. My baby is sick and I would like to make the situation better.
I didn't expect this to be such a long process after spending so much money.
If it is going to take more than an hour, cancel my tranaction; I will be taking him to a Veternarian.
I would like the numbeer for customer service.
Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello this is Dr. Holloway, I see that the previous expert has opted out of the conversation. I am sorry you are having a hard time getting answers to your question. I would like to assist you if you still want good sound advice on how to care for your pet.

Also I am set up for phone call consultation if you wish. Just let me know and I will provide whatever you need to get help for your pet.- Dr. H

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Or if you prefer the customer service page I can provide that for you. Just let me know whatever your preference. I am here to help. - Dr. H

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok I have not heard a response from you so I will opt out of the message so that you can go through customer service for additional help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I do apologize that an expert was not able to assist you with your pet. - Dr. Holloway

Dog Veterinarian: Barbara Fehr,
 replied 2 years ago
Barbara Fehr
Phone call session started