Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our Westie - 14months old has developed a black under the…

Customer Question
Our Westie bitch -...

Our Westie bitch - 14months old has developed a black mark under the fur of her tail. It appears to be increasing in size. It appears to be of no irritation to her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

What is it ? Do I need to worry ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt? It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out.

The dog does not appear to be disturbed by it in any way. Is this a problem that you have met before in Westies ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Nothing except black marking beneath the fur on the dogs tail

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your worry with your Westie! Can you tell me does the black spot appear raised? Is there any way to take a photo of the area? Does your dog lick the skin there?