Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our Westie - 14months old has developed a black under the

Customer Question
Our Westie bitch - 14months...
Our Westie bitch - 14months old has developed a black mark under the fur of her tail. It appears to be increasing in size. It appears to be of no irritation to her.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: What is it ? Do I need to worry ?
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt? It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out.
Customer: The dog does not appear to be disturbed by it in any way. Is this a problem that you have met before in Westies ?
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Nothing except black marking beneath the fur on the dogs tail
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your worry with your Westie! Can you tell me does the black spot appear raised? Is there any way to take a photo of the area? Does your dog lick the skin there?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian