Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My American bulk dog eyes are cloudy just like the doggie on

Customer Question
this page , if this...
My American bulk dog eyes are cloudy just like the doggie on this page , if this remedy cK Can the cloudiness in my dogs eyes the eye heal can I order to start treating my dogs eyes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for the question.

Cloudy eyes can be due to one of a few things. It can be cataracts. These can be secondary to diabetes or age related. It could also be nuclear sclerosis. This does not affect the vision, but it causes cloudiness. It's basically scarring to the lens.

It could also be uveitis or cloudiness in the anterior chamber between the cornea and pupil. This can be due to an inflammatory condition, pain, infection or bleeding in the anterior chamber.

You really need to get a good exam with good lighting and magnification to determine what is causing the cloudy look. From there, certain drops can be prescribed to help clear it up. It's not something that you can treat with over the counter drops, I'm afraid.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My dog has been checked he has cataracts , was checked by a eye specialist in walnut creek , I wanna try eye drops that eye heal , if I could purchase it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will email diagnosis from eye doctor

Ok, I didn't know you already had him diagnosed.

There are lots of drops out there that claim they dissolve cataracts. Unfortunately, they just don't work. If they did, that would be great. We wouldn't need phagoemulsification surgery anymore. The truth is, they don't work and the only way to clear the eyes is with the surgery to break up the cataracts and remove them.

Here's a nice write up on cataracts and the surgery:

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=659

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

There appears to be a problem with the site. I did not intend to respond to this question and yet one of my answers was posted to it (which I've deleted); my apologies for any confusion. Deb

Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian