Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a small doxie and she seems to be breathing hard and…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I have...

Hi Pearl. I have a small doxie and she seems to be breathing hard and has the shakes. Think she ate too much fat off a beef bone.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the beef will be able to digest that. What is the beef's name and age?

Beef bone was hard. She doesn't want to eat tonight, so figured it was too much fat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the beef?

No.... had a lot of scrizzle

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.

I understand you have a Dachshund that is having respiratory distress symptoms and shaking. I do have a few questions to help me evaluate your pets situation a little better so that I can give you the best advice.

How long has she been breathing hard? What is her respiratory rate (count each breath for 15 seconds and then multiply that # ***** 4)?