Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is occasionally having nosebleeds. We went to the vet…

Customer Question
My dog is occasionally having...
My dog is occasionally having nosebleeds. We went to the vet and her labs and xrays are fine. Could it be due to the fact that it stays warm in our house and it could be drying her sinuses? Would putting a humidifier near her help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Gabby. As long as she is not sneezing and there is no nasal drainage then it could be from the dry air. There have been nosebleed in my house the past few days as well with a cold front and the heat cranked up. I would definitely try a humidifier. In addition you can try human nasal saline drops. A couple of drops in each nostril twice a day. When you take a shower bring her into the bathroom and let her breathe the steam in. How does that sound? Do you have any additional questions?

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian