Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is mixed bread and about to be 11 years old. He has…

Customer Question
My dog is mixed bread...
My dog is mixed bread and about to be 11 years old. He has been diagnosed with an inactive thyroid and has also had issues with skin infections. A few weeks ago I noticed a bump on the skin on the side of his neck. It's about the size of a silver dollar but oval shaped. At forest it felt like it was full of fluid but has since gotten harder. I can pick that section of skin up off his body so it's not necessarily a growth from muscle or anything that I can feel. I am hoping that this is just a cyst and nothin worse. I am going at attach an image as soon as I can. I am hoping you can help me with this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/15/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'd like to see a photo. You can upload photos by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ There's a good chance, however, that because this bump is under the skin the only manner in which to determine what it represents is to either needle aspirate it and examine the aspirate microscopically or remove and biopsy it.