Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog is mixed bread and about to be 11 years old. He has

Customer Question

My dog is mixed bread and about to be 11 years old. He has been diagnosed with an inactive thyroid and has also had issues with skin infections. A few weeks ago I noticed a bump on the skin on the side of his neck. It's about the size of a silver dollar but oval shaped. At forest it felt like it was full of fluid but has since gotten harder. I can pick that section of skin up off his body so it's not necessarily a growth from muscle or anything that I can feel. I am hoping that this is just a cyst and nothin worse. I am going at attach an image as soon as I can. I am hoping you can help me with this.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'd like to see a photo. You can upload photos by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ There's a good chance, however, that because this bump is under the skin the only manner in which to determine what it represents is to either needle aspirate it and examine the aspirate microscopically or remove and biopsy it.