Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 14 year old healthy is walking with a tilted head and…

Customer Question
hello my 14 year...
hello my 14 year old healthy is walking with a tilted head and stumbling. she has a thyroid condition, so just 2 days ago I took her to the vet to get blood drawn. they monitor this for the dosage of meds. she had an exam, and besides being a bit arthritic, she was deemed in good health. however yesterday and today she is walking with a tilted head and stumbling. I looked inside her ears and the canal seems to be swollen shut. she is a very large dog, a husky mix weighing about 85 lbs. is there anything I can put in her ears to maybe relieve this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting?

2- Can you get her to stand and try to get her head straight then look at her eyes and see if they are going side to side or up and down?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian