Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Hair loss with raised red spots over body inflammation

Customer Question
inside ears bulldog...
Hair loss with raised red spots over body inflammation inside ears bulldog
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 2 years ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am so sorry Macy is experiencing this. I need a bit more information to understand what is going on and what you have already done for her.

1)How long has she had this issue?

2)Has she been examined by her veterinarian for this and, if so, what treatments were prescribed? What testing was done (skin scrapings for yeast/mites/bacteria, DTM cultures, biopsy, testing, etc)?

3) Is only the inside over her ears and over the top of her body involved?

4) Is she on monthly flea control year round?

5) What current medications other that E45derm cream are you using (antibiotics, antifungals, topical creams, steroids, antihistamines, allergy medications, etc)?

Thank you for answering a few questions. Bulldogs and skin disease is life long and very complicated. Therefore, I need to understand where you are in the process of working through this and getting treatment.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian