Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My 4 year old yellow lab with diagnosed small kidneys and

Customer Question

Hi, my 4 year old yellow lab with diagnosed small kidneys and possibly kidney disease has a healthy appetite but throws up regularly after about 8 hours from eating. We've been feeding her a little bit of yogurt for a probiotic based on a friend's recommendation. Is there anything else we can do or perhaps shouldn't be feeding her along with her daily diet of KD canned food mixed with purina low fat kibble? thanks Adam
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Adam eat anything unusual?
Customer: she doesn't go outside much so probably not - although when younger she ate a rock and almost died 2 years ago - although the $4000 operation seemed to fix that. since then she's been diagnosed with kidney failure, had a uti infection treated with with a prescription last year and is sluggish (symptoms of kidney failure) extremely bad breath, brownish tonue etc. but wags her tail, sleeps pretty much all day but goes on short walks almost daily- very slow.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Adam?
Customer: Her name is Bella
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Bella. To be more informative for you I'm going to need to review her recent diagnostics. Can you upload a copy of Bella's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but her vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/