Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 7 year old pekinese dog has a pale pink lump about the…

Customer Question
my 7 year old pekinese...
my 7 year old pekinese dog has a pale pink lump about the size of a kernal of pop corn in the inside of her right eye. It doesn't seem to bother her but what can I do to get rid of it before turn into something .......What can I use to treat it? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/13/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 2 years ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

If this is located in the corner of her eye, then it is probably a "cherry eye" or prolapsed nictitating membrane as is common for this breed. Are you sure it is not this (here are some pictures:http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/ophthalmology/red_eye_cherryeye.htm)

If it is not this, is it a mass/tumor? If so, then there are no over-the-counter options to remove these. These are usually benign but the ones that grow rapidly are concerning. Rarely we do see styes in dogs but this is quite uncommon.

A picture might be quite useful. You can attach using the paperclip icon. Thanks.