Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our puppy ate some super glue. she chewed on the tube and I

Customer Question

our puppy ate some super glue. she chewed on the tube and I see it stuck to the hair on her lips as well as her teeth. I don't think she got much, it may just be from the hole she punctured in the tube.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Vespa
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Vespa?
Customer: She's about 10 months old, ***** ***** Terrier. In good health
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello! This is DR. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your pup! Are you online to discuss her?

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

It appears you aren't online now and I am heading to bed for the night, so I will open your question back up in case you are online later and another expert is available to help you.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

1. I have dealt with dogs swallowing super glue a few times in the past. The chances are you have nothing to worry about, you see it solidifies almost instantly when it touches saliva so it won't cause burns and really won't be ingested except after it hardens, and after it hardens it is no longer toxic.

2. There are no special measures you need take except keep an eye on your dog and if course if any odd symptoms do occur then have her checked over by a vet without delay. But this would be very unlikely.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your puppy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the super glue incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott