Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 12 year old Beagle mix suddenly started to be lethargic

Customer Question
and melancholy, unenthusiastic about eating...
My 12 year old Beagle mix suddenly started to be lethargic and melancholy, unenthusiastic about eating (though I can still get her to eat) and each day is drinking less. Her labs, abdominal, chest x-ray and urinalysis are all normal. Vet started her on an antacid to see if it was gastro-related, but no change after three days.When she does eat instead of her usual gulping down her food she eats a little, sits down, chews then goes back and eats some more. Not her usual style. Oddly, she still loves going for 45-minute walks each day as if nothing is wrong. BMs are normal. This has been going on for about 10 days.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/11/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.

I am sorry to hear that Buffy is not her normal self as of late. I will do my very best to help you figure out some possibilities of what could be going on here and the best course of action needed. I do have a few questions however to give me a better idea of what could be going on here.

Has Buffy had any major illnesses in the past 2-3 years?

Does she have osteoarthritis anywhere that they noticed on her radiographs?

- Dr. H

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian