Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 7 month old Pomeranian had surgery (spayed) yesterday,

Customer Question
and is in a lot...
My 7 month old Pomeranian had surgery (spayed) yesterday, and is in a lot of pain tonight, can I give her aspirin
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/11/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I am very sorry, but I would implore you not to use Aspirin with your pup. While we do use it in dogs on occasion, this is a medication that can also thin the blood and therefore a risk so soon post surgery .Therefore, it would be much safer to ring her vet or your local ER for dog safe pain relief and not risk more harm then good.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or via

http://www.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

**Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)