Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Are the Pupperoni beef flavored treats made in the United…

Customer Question
Are the Pupperoni beef flavored...
Are the Pupperoni beef flavored treats made in the United States? Has there been any recall on them and are they safe for our dogs? I just read that they are made overseas and we should not feed them this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/10/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I double checked on the American Veterinary Medical Association web page and there have not been any recalls associated with Pup-peroni dog treats. The big concern with dog treats made overseas has been with jerky type treats.

Treats including chicken jerky treats, duck jerky treats and sweet potato jerky treats have been listed as products to avoid. Here is a link to the AVMA's page on these treats FYI:https://www.avma.org/news/issues/recalls-alerts/pages/safety-alert-on-jerky-treats-for-pets.aspx

It appears that some of their products do have MADE IN USA labels, but not all from what I can find online: http://pupperoni.com/products the Mix Stix Breakfast Sausage, Mix Stix Turduken flavor, Training treats, and Prime Rib flavor appear to be made in the USA.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not please take a moment to click and rate our conversation so we can know if you were happy with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question. Thank you and best of luck with your dogs!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay
Jess K
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian