Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Golden doodle has cysts, Sure, I wasn't sure if you were a…

Customer Question
Golden doodle has cysts ...

Golden doodle has cysts

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure, I wasn't sure if you were a robot. He has 2. One on his chest is extended about a 1/4" from the surface. It's pink and the size of a quarter round. It moves freely (like it's not attached deeply).

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/10/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hello and welcome,

Thanks for requesting me, sorry for any delay, I am in a very different to you and have just come online first thing this morning and found your question.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Adult dogs commonly get cysts, skin tags and soft warts and various other non malignant bumps and lumps on their skin, in my experience the majority of them are absolutely nothing to worry about at all. I frequently was asked about such lesions during vaccination consults and my usual answer is just to monitor the situation and if you see any changes such as more rapid growth or changes in colour and texture then have the dog checked again for reassessment, with a few surgical removal or some other from of treatment may then be required.

2. However there are no guarantees over the internet and there is always the chance that a very few of these could be malignant and therefor a cause for concern. Accordingly if you want to be 100% safe then you should have your vet check your dog over.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian