Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Stomach spasms after eating.Labrador. Possible things that…

Customer Question
stomach spasms after eating.Labrador. Possible...
stomach spasms after eating.Labrador. Possible things that could cause this: change of dog food brand. Went back to his regular food. 3 days ago. no change. he could have eaten garbage(he gets out of the yard) chichen bones? possible Brutus doesn't seem to have a fever. He breathes fast with congestion gravely sound in his chest.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Are you hearing more gut noise?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Is he eating and drinking? Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

How long ago could he have gotten into the garbage or bones?

Any nasal discharge? What color?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian