Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 8 lbs morkie takes Pepcid ac .25 mg twice a day. I think

Customer Question

My 8 lbs morkie takes Pepcid ac .25 mg twice a day. I think I may have double dosed her last night. She vomited during the night. I really cannot remember if I gave it twice!! Ugh. it definitely seemed to be vomit rather than regurgitation which is more her usual thing. It was sort of foamy & the light color of the Pepcid ac tablet. Would one double dose be harmful?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can you confirm she is on 0.25mg or 25mg of Pepcid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it is a 10 mg tablet that I break into fourths. She get 2.5.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.5 mg twice a day
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for clarifying.

If she normally gets 2.5 mg, then that is a low dose for her and a double dose if not a major worry. Especially since she can have up to 4mg for her weight as part of normal daily dosing. So, we'd expect no harm here and only a bit of short term stomach upset as you have already witnessed. In that case, we'd want to give her stomach a rest for a few hours and then consider a light diet (ie cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder)) to get her settled. But again this should cause no long term harm for Tiger.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!!!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

All the best,

Dr. B.

*Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

**Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Tiger. How is everything going?
nekovet