Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 20lb Bischon, hes had bladder stones in past, but…

Customer Question
I have a 20lb Bischon...
I have a 20lb Bischon, hes had bladder stones in past, but never been quite the same hes 16 and vet says hes in incredible shape for his age,his eyes are getting cloudy and hesitates when walking, sleeps ALL day, when awake plays, at nite hes like a baby with colic!! A friend recommended Acepromazine, what do you think?
0
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/1/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long ago did he have bladder stones?

Did he have surgery to remove the bladder stones?

Does he interact with the family?

How is his appetite?

Does he tend to wander around like he is lost or stare at nothing?

When was the last time he had routine blood work done?