Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

60 lb poodle, 7 yrs old, ate 7 raisins. Wife took m to vet

Customer Question

60 lb poodle, 7 yrs old, ate 7 raisins. Wife took him to vet who induced vomiting within 2 hours of ingestion. Vet is now keeping him for four days with a down payment of $2000. Is this reasonable? Should I leave him with vet or get him back home and get refund?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- To make sure I got this right, the total amount of raisins he ate was 7 raisins, correct?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, the lowest toxic dose reported of raisins in dogs is 0.11oz/kg, this means that your dog weighing 60 lbs would need to ingest at least 2.99 oz of raisins to be concern about toxicity. 7 raisins will Not be toxic to a 60 lbs dog, your dog will be fine.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter