Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Scan shows mass around my dogs liver plus tumour on kidney…

Customer Question
Scan shows mass around my...
Scan shows mass around my dogs liver plus tumour on kidney albeit kidney readings fine. Today his tummy eyes n ears have turned yellow. He is on destolit plus tramadol. How long is he likely to have left to live
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/31/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Teddy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Were any biopsies done of the mass around the liver or the tumor on the kidney when the scan was done?

Is he still eating, and drinking?

His eyes and ears and skin turning yellow is a sign that his liver function is reduced, not a good sign. It is never easy to predict how long he could live. I have had animals that turned yellow (became jaundiced) live for weeks, but others only last a day or two.

If he is eating, that is a sign he may still have some time left. If he refuses food, he may not have much time.

Let me know what else I can answer or help with.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Teddy. How is everything going?

How are you and Teddy doing? Can I help with anything else?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian