Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 7 year old yorkie has black flakey spots under her arm…

Customer Question
My 7 year old...

My 7 year old yorkie has black flakey spots under her arm pit and on her chin- they've recently become open and secreting clear fluid and look inflamed its not flea dirt- she's had that before and it looks different

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The area seems greasy- she's not picking or scratching it consistently

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
ok thank you- I can send some pictures for you to see as well
1/31/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these skin changes?

Is the area itchy at all?

Are the black spots something you can wipe away or are they part of the skin?

Any changes to her thirst, appetite, or weight?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.