Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

If my dog is getting Cerenia, once per day in AM (to prevent…

Customer Question
If my dog is getting...
If my dog is getting Cerenia, once per day in AM (to prevent nausea from chemotherapy), and also taking famotidine, twice per day for acidity, can both meds (both in pill form) be given at the same time in the AM, or should there be a certain interval between the two, i.e., is there any possible interaction? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/31/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

You can give both medications at the same time with no interaction and no cause for concern. They have very distinct mechanisms of action.

Good luck with the chemo! I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.