Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a dog with HSA cancer and looking on neoplasene

Customer Question
Hi there, i have...

Hi there, i have a dog with HSA cancer and looking for information on neoplasene treatment as i have seen this could help

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She has HSA of the spleen that has spread to live and stomach lining i believe. surgery not an option and she's had one major internal bleed since being diagnosed on monday she seems better since wed, but definitely tire tired and they gave her 2-4 weeks to live

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear your dog has HSA. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

There is a mushroom product that has been helpful for some dogs with this type of cancer. In the studies done, it was given after a splenectomy, and dogs lived significantly longer than they usually do with HSA:

http://www.imyunityfordogs.com/

I have read a case report on a dog given neoplasene that did very well, again after having splenectomy. I can't find any cases of using it in dogs that did not have surgery, but it appears to e safe to try.

Yunnan Baiyao is a Chinese herb that can help prevent internal bleeding seen with HSA.

Other things recommended are acupuncture, B12 injections, and Co Q 10.

Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer.

Hi there, I appreciate your response but am not happy with this process and would like a refund. My impression was that this would be a real time Q&A. Thanks, Erin

This is a real time Q and A, is it not? I am here to answer your questions as soon as you send them.

I am sorry you are disappointed with the service. I can't process a refund for you, but if you contact the website moderators, they will be happy to help. I am sorry my answer was not what you were looking for. Rebecca

Thank you. But no, my experience started as a live chat and then it prompted me to pay. My assumption was that the live chat would continue. After payment though, it told me I would get an email within a day, which came about 20 minutes later. Definitely appreciate you, just not the process. Many thanks and I will reach out to customer support.

This is a live chat, and I will answer whatever questions you have.

Sorry you are disappointed. I did quite a bit of research before I took your question, in an effort to help you as much as I could. If you chose not to rate my answer, I am not credited for my work on your behalf.

You can contact the moderators on the drop down menu, or if you have a problem with that, you can let me know and I can try to contact them on your behalf. Best wishes to you and your dog. Rebecca