Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a almost 13 years old labrador. She does have several…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is...

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I have a almost 13 years old labrador. She does have several fatty lumps around her body, which are pretty much "stable". However tonight I found a large lump right on the ***** ***** of her stomach and rib cage on to the left side from the stomach. It sort of fits into the palm of my hand and it does concern me...

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well, that is the best I can describe it at the moment. It is about 4-5 inches long and 2-3 inches hard and I could really feel it when I put my dog on her back and rubbed her belly

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/29/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Does it feel any more firm or fluidy then her other fatty lumps?

Is it sore when you handle it?

Does it feel just under the skin or deeper under the muscle?