Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My sisters dog may have allergies or injured pad on s front…

Customer Question
my sisters dog may have...
my sisters dog may have allergies or injured pad on his front paws. the vet said to get cortisone cream and benadryl and maybe a oral antibiotic can we give him orbax? what about epsom salt?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
also how much benedryl do we give him
hello??
1/29/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** questions about Puck, you can soak his feel in Epsom salt or spot clean any irritated areas with salt water (using 1 tbsp. salt to a pint warm water). This can be done 2-3 times daily. Otherwise, in regards to the dose for Benadryl/Diphenhydramine we at a rate of 0.5-2 mg per pound of their body weight twice daily to reduce that allergic irritation. So, you can start at the low end (just as it can make them drowsy and work up from there to an effective dose for Puck.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)