Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My brother had my credit card was used by my brother and he…

Customer Question
Hi, my brother had...
Hi, my brother had my credit card was used by my brother and he just got home I haveit now, can you answer the questions now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry, what is your question?

My brother had my credit card, the minor questions were are there laws leaving dogs outdoors 24/2 in Delaware and Pensylvania I am on disability with very limited income. Can you give me the run down on these states? These poor dogs are shivering and it is not fair to them
The payment was paid
Or you can call me at *** *** ****

Ok. That may be a question more suited for the lawyers on this site. Or a veterinarian from your state, which I am not. I am going to open your question back up to see if another vet is available who may be from that area. In the meantime, I would consider calling your local law enforcement or animal control officers because they may be the ones who can determine if the situation is one in which they can take action.

I did but does this mean you will charge me with no answer?

No, you won't be charged unless you are happy with your answer, so you have to accept the answer to be charged.

I know a few lawyers, will you refund the fee?

I found this on Delaware:

utdoor housing facilities.

(1) Restrictions. — Dogs that are not acclimated to the outdoor temperatures prevalent in the area or region where they are maintained and breeds of dogs that cannot tolerate the prevalent outdoor temperatures without stress or discomfort (such as short-haired breeds in cold climates) may not be kept in outdoor facilities unless the practice is specifically approved by a licensed veterinarian.

(2) Shelter from the elements. — Dogs shall be provided with proper shelter to protect them against inclement weather, preserve their body heat, and allow them to remain dry during rain or snow. Sufficient clean bedding material or other means of protection from the weather shall be provided when the ambient temperature falls below the temperature to which the dog is acclimated. Additional bedding material or other means of protection shall be provided when the temperature is 35°F (1.7°C) or lower.

(3) Shelter from sunlight. — In addition to the shelter structure, 1 or more separate outside areas of shade shall be provided to allow the dogs to protect themselves when sunlight is likely to cause overheating or discomfort.

(4) Construction. — Housing facilities for dogs shall be constructed to provide for the health and comfort of the animals. The floors and walls of outdoor housing facilities shall be constructed and maintained so that they are substantially impervious to moisture and may be readily sanitized. Mobile or traveling housing facilities, metal barrels, cars, refrigerators or freezers, and the like shall not constitute proper shelter.

What I can find on Pennsylvania seems to state that pets must have some form of shelter if outside in inclement weather. There is a hotline for the SPCA to call in concerning cases: 1-866-601-SPCA.

IF you have changed your mind about your question I can send it to customer service. Just let me know.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Barbara, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Veterinarian
Phone call session started