Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a picture of my Pugs foot.how much would you charge

Customer Question
give me your opinion?...
I have a picture of my Pugs foot.how much would you charge give me your opinion?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It looks like a black blood blister on the top of her foot
1/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 1 year ago
Ola Barrett

Hello, I am Dr RB.. If you will attach the picture here, I would be happy to look at it for you..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It looks to my husband like it goes into her paw but she has been fussing with it for along time we thought she was just usung her paw as a security blanket
Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello;) It is a little difficult to see underneath her hair but I believe you are dealing with what is known as a lick granuloma. Lick granulomas occur from obsessive licking/chewing an area usually on the feet or legs. Because the licking causes an break in the skin barrier, these areas are very prone to skin infection and further irritation which just perpetuates the process. Because of the repeated chewing, many layer of skin start to lay down in the area and then the skin becomes thickened.

If the skin underneath the hair is red, hot and moist then the best thing to do is to make an appointment for Daisy to see her veterinarian so she/he properly examine, clean the area, determine if infection is present and prescribe the right antibiotics or anti-fungals for you. Until that time, you must prevent her licking this any further either with the help of an Elizabethan collar and/or placing a baby sock on her foot to cover the area until it can be properly cared for. I hope this advice helps you. Please let me know if you have other questions or need explanation on anything. Also, please take the time to rate my response for helping you and Daisy today;)

Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello just checking to see how Daisy is doing today? Let me know if you have other questions? If you are satisfied with my response, please take the time to give me a positive rating..thanks so much;)

Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett