Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We just got two chihuahuas today from the human society and…

Customer Question
We just got two chihuahuas...
We just got two chihuahuas today from the human society and while seeming happy in their new home one will not eat except one type of dog treat. He pushes away the the meal with his nose. I am not sure what to do. Everything else seems just fine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.

One day is much too short of a time for many dogs to acclimate to their new surroundings. Appetite is bound to be altered. Feeding the same food as was given at the humane society - at least initially - is smart. The humane society should have given you something like this to peruse: http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/bringing_new_dog_home.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/ Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Hi Tom,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Hershey. How is everything going?
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian