Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 6 lb chihuahua has a hematoma behind s ear and s ear is…

Customer Question
My 6 lb chihuahua has...
My 6 lb chihuahua has a hematoma behind his ear and his ear is red inside. What can I do? I have meetings all day and can't get to a vet til 5pm
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is the hematoma on the floppy part of the ear?

No it is behind his ear and the inside of his ear is very red
This app is been very frustrating as I could not figure out how to reply to you earlier he kept asking for my credit card information again
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there... I am a veterinarian and am willing to pick up where Dr. Peter left off. Do you still want assistance? Can you attach a photo of the ear?