Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My neighbor's dog just ate 1/2 cube of tomcat rat poison at…

Customer Question
***** ***** my neighbor's...

***** ***** my neighbor's dog just ate 1/2 cube of tomcat rat poison at my barn 30 minutes ago. dog weigs about 35 pounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's it want to know what to do

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/25/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Let's move quickly and try to induce vomiting, this is what you can do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- Please let me know if she vomits, I will be on stand bye for the next 20 minutes.