Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog refuses to eat is sluggish and seems tired will only…

Customer Question
My dog refuses to eat...
My dog refuses to eat is sluggish and seems tired will only eat her treats. She is peeing fine and pooping regularly. Don't what to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She keeps itching and won't stop I am really concerned.
1/25/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

How old is she?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Is she drinking normally? Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Do you think she isn't eating because she is constantly scratching? Where is she itching on her body? What does the skin look like?