Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Name: ***** ***** OttavianoMy dog ate a dropped pill, it was

Customer Question

Customer: Name: ***** ***** Ottaviano(###) ###-####My dog ate a dropped pill, it was 120 mg. all day diltiazem. What should I do.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The dog ate Diltiazem pill, 120 mg. time release. What should I look for.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If your dog ingested this within 2 hr, you can induce vomiting by giving him hydrogen peroxide at 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds of his weight. Wait 15 minutes and if your guy has not vomited try again. You can safely do this 3 times. Even if you do not see the pill, this empties the stomach so your dog will be safe. This medication causes a drop in blood pressure and may not affect your guy but it can cause vomiting, slow heart rate, weakness and fainting. If you see any of these symptoms, take your guy to your vet for an exam.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta