Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog is arching s back some. Shaking, lethargic. s right

Customer Question

My dog is arching his back some. Shaking, lethargic. His right side only of his stomach and penis is very swollen and feverish. He is still eating, drinking and going outside. He still climbed in the van and up and down the stairs ok. ER visit?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. His posture, shaking and lethargy indicates either abdominal or spinal pain and his localized swelling and heat suggests trauma to that area although I must admit that I would need to directly viusalize his stomach and penis to better understand what's going on in those areas. Please let me know if you've had him attended to at an ER and please give me an update on him if you wish.

Hi Bobbi Jo,
I'm just following up on our conversation about 5Yo.. How is everything going?