Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 6yr old English bulldog has a torn acl since end of dec…

Customer Question
my 6yr young old...
my 6yr young old English bulldog has a torn acl since end of dec and is getting shots and meds to help. today her other hind leg appears to be very weak and she appears to be having much difficulty moving her hind quarters. we are in a blizzard currently, and she went out to relief herself and she was find. we just changed her food with special weight loss control for her but she won't eat it, only about 1.1/2 cups a day. can she be getting weak for lack of nutrition.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/24/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. NO she is not getting weak from eating less. IN a well fleshed dog that would take weeks to happen. More than likely she has torn the other ACL. This happens frequently with these dogs and surgery is gong to be our bets option for her continue quality of life.I hope this helps but let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated.Thank you very much.

I have to turn in for the night but feel free to leave any additional questions you have here and I will get back to you tomorrow. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my service and I will answer your questions until you are.Sincerely, DRB

Just checking in to see if you needed additional assistance......DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian