Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Our dog won't go to the bathroom because of the snow but she

Customer Question

Our dog won't go to the bathroom because of the snow but she is really stopped up. Is there anything we can do for her to get her bowels to move?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....try adding some canned pumpkin to her food and you can also get some miralax from your pharmacy and give her some of that. They will be DSS pills around 50 mg. I would start with 50 mg twice daily and increase if you need to. Also feeding canned food can help as well. Walking her around in the house will also help. If you use all these recommendations I think you should be fine.IF these don't work then you will definitely need to see your vet and have them give her an enema. I hope this will help you. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated.Thank you very much.