DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My dog has an ear infection I have taken m to the vet and s

Customer Question

my dog has an ear infection I have taken him to the vet for treatment and his ear has not healed and my vet is not open for emgency care how can I treat him at home untill I caN GET AN APPT. FOR HIM. THERESA
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. Ims orry to hear that Clyde is having trouble with his ears. The best thing you can do until you get an appointment is to continue to clean his ears gently on a daily basis. If you are out of the cleaner from the vet, yuo can use hydrogen peroxide. To help with the pain you can give him dog pain meds like Rimadyl or Metacam or Previcox if you have some. If you do not, you can give human buffered (enteric coated) baby aspirin. A large dog like a rottweiler can get 2 baby aspirin or one regular adult aspirin. You cna give this up to 2 times per day for 3 days. Then get in to see your vet soon. Best of luck. Take care.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Clyde. How is everything going?
DrMelJ