Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 11 year old female pug is shaky and walks around with her…

Customer Question
my 11 year old female...
my 11 year old female pug is shaky and walks around with her head down this has been going on for 3 weeks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/23/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry to hear of this with Slash. Can you clarify "shaky" for me? I envision trembling (fine, diffuse tremors). Her neck/head posture suggests both a cervical (neck) myelopathy (spinal cord disorder) such as degenerative disk disease (a "slipped disk") or meningoencephalitis or primary encephalopathy (brain disorder) such as the very dangerous necrotizing meningoencephalitis seen in Pugs. An ear infection isn't expected to cause shakiness and her change in posture.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian