Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

I have a cocker spaniel and he is 8 he is prone to these

Customer Question

I have a cocker spaniel and he is 8 he is prone to these cysts and has had the web removed on one occasion. I have just noticed another one and wondered if there was something I could do without going to to the vets again and again?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about these recurring cysts with Milo. Where are they happening? Where is this current one at? Is he licking / chewing it?

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

When you said that the web was removed on one occasion, that makes me think that he's been dealing with interdigital cysts. These can be very frustrating things. Here is a great link on them that I want you to read.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/integumentary_system/interdigital_furunculosis/overview_of_interdigital_furunculosis.html

It goes through the causes for interdigital cysts and the challenge with therapy.