Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 12 lb Maltese just ate a half of a 100,00 chocolate bar.

Customer Question
What do I do?!...
My 12 lb Maltese just ate a half of a 100,00 chocolate bar. What do I do?!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/22/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I will help you.

Immediately give her 2 teaspoons of 3% hydrogen peroxide.

If she doesn't vomit in 15 minutes repeat it.

Mix it in a little food or milk so she takes it easier.

While you are waiting for that to work check the chocolate wrapper and tell me how many ounces of chocolate were in the whole bar.

You can only repeat the hydrogen peroxide once.

I wish you would let me know that you are there.

Joanne it has been one hour since I answered you're request.

Hopefully you were able to induce vomiting and get that chocolate out.

Or perhaps you took Sammy to an emergency clinic.

I'm going to bed now. but please let me know how Sammy is doing.

Write down the hydrogen peroxide dose and directions just in case Sammy gets into something naughty again.

Dr Marta

Hello Joanne.

Please tell me how Sammy is doing. hopefully she is fine.

Dr Marta

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian