Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I m gowtham i own a male pug s age is 1 year and two months…

Customer Question
Hi I m gowtham...

Hi I m gowtham i own a male pug his age is 1 year and two months but he is playing well and very active but not eating from his childhood he needs to be feed daily we are feeding him except mail meals , he is eating all snacks on his own i dont know, how to stop this kindly help me

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We will give him daily two eggs in the morning , he will eat on his own some snacks likes crisps and some raw vegtables like carrot and onion even sugar cane he will eat on his own except this, we need to feed him a main meal daily even we serve it on his own bowl he doesnt care about it even for two day he doesnt care to eat i m bit worrie worried\

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Okay sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/21/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

THis behavior is very common in some dogs because they have become so used to eating people food that that is what they would prefer. The best thing to do for this is to make your own food for your guy using recipes that will give your dog the nutrients and vitamins that he needs for his health. Check what his favorite foods are and find a homemade diet that will fit your guy. This LINK will help.

Once some dogs get used to certain foods, it is hard to get them to eat regular dog food. Make your guy the foods he will eat. It is not healthy for him to starve for a few days because he will not eat the regular kibble or canned dog food.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

we are preparing own foods for him , but he is not interested to eat on his own. we are not providing any canned foodsi am really afraid of him. he is really so sensitive dogthen how could make him to practice to eat on his food.

He will eventually get hungry. If these are the foods that he eats, prime him with one piece and often that will be enough to get him started. He will not starve himself....you do not have to worry about that. Just do the best that you can....

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian