Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Golden is almost 12 and has a very large malignant

Customer Question
Hi. My Golden is almost...
Hi. My Golden is almost 12 and has a very large malignant sarcoma tumor. We are treating holistically. She on human grade grain free food, flax oil, chinese mushrooms, essiac tea and a stasis breaker. So far she doesn't seem to be in much pain. She's happy, but protective of the tumor.
I don't want her to be in pain. I'd rather put her down, then have a painful death.
My question is, with this regime, what are the chances we could enjoy her love another 3 months or longer?
It has not metastasized to her lungs.
Also, is it possible the tumor could get smaller or disappear all together? It 7 inches by 7 inches and hard and round.
Thank you!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/20/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your Golden. Is she doing well at home right now?

I am glad to hear that! I think it is very unlikely that her tumor is going to disappear or get smaller. There is a small chance it may shrink initially but will probably continue to grow. Where is the tumor located right now?

On her right side on her trunk.

And did they give you any information on what type of sarcoma it was? Did she have a needle aspirate done to diagnose the tumor?

Are you experienced in holistic medicine?

No, I practice traditional medicine. If you prefer to see if a holistic vet is available, I can opt out of your question and you can see if someone with this expertise comes in to answer your questions about holistic treatment if that is what you are wanting to know about.

It is sts and it was a needle aspirate
I've already gotten info from a traditional vet. Somehow I thought this was holistic.
Thanks anyway.

I will open your question back up and perhaps someone with more expertise in that area will come online.

Ok. Thank you.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian