Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Veterinarian prescribed 100mg of tramadol to my 95 lb boxer…

Customer Question
Veterinarian prescribed 100mg of tramadol...
Veterinarian prescribed 100mg of tramadol to my 95 lb boxer Roxie. She takes 2 50mg tabs twice a day for pain. I accidentally gave one 60mg tab to my other boxer Ivy. Ivy is 67lbs. She took it approximately 30 mins ago. I'm watching her and waiting for a call back from her Vet. She is doing ok so far.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/20/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, 50 or 60 mg of Tramadol will not be toxic for a 67 lbs Ivy, this dose is slightly below therapeutic recommendations for her weight. No need to worry, no symptoms expected she will be fine.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian