Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My name is ***** *****. My dog just got fixed almost two…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** *****. My dog just got fixed almost two weeks ago. Her incision site got infected but is not on the mend. She had recently well this is the second time in about a five day period that I have noticed a thick brown discharge from her vulva. I am unsure what this is. The vet did say she was still somewhat in heat when she fixed her. But on the downslope and she did start to go into heat on Nov. 6th. Could it be pyometria? It has no smell. She has an appetite is drinking water eating and lots of energy. What could it be?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She is a ten month old golden retriever puppy

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Am willing to wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/20/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I will help you.

Pyometria is an infection of the uterus. But she was spayed, so she doesn't have a uterus.

However, there can be some discharge from the vulva for a few days, especially if she was in heat.

If her incision is infected and not healing properly take her back to your vet to check it and put her on antibiotics.

Don't wait. Do it now to prevent complications .

If you have any questions - even after the rating - I will be here for two more hours.

I hope that you have decided to return to your vet. She needs those antibiotics.

Dr Marta

Please let me know how your dog is doing.

I hope that you took her back to your vet and that she is on antibiotics.

Dr Marta

Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian