Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Since Friday my 15 lb Maltese was throwing up, not eating,

Customer Question
Since Friday my 15...

Since Friday my 15 lb Maltese was throwing up, not eating, not drinking, laying around, glassy eyes, goes out side to pee no bowel movement.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The vomit had chunks in it and then it went from being red to clear foam like and yesterday it had dark streaks in it. He only threw up twice yesterday

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How old is she?

Can she drink at all? Can she keep any water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian