Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Please help me my dog has been lost days It's been freezing…

Customer Question
Please help me my dog...
Please help me my dog has been lost for eight days It's been freezing cold weather below 30° we found him this afternoon there's an inability for him to stand and limited ambulation due to his back legs.on his back legs there appears to be an infection foul-smelling infection in the back right blank or pad he is very client he sleeping we have fed him minimally and supplied water minimally he has lost all his weight he is skin and bones his heart rate seems to be abnormal or really fast he does acknowledge us he does wag his tail it just seems to be that his heart is beating very fast and he's breathing very fast. We live in a very rural setting where there are no events available on Sunday I called the emergency vet and hoping he will call us back by eight tomorrow morning. And my doing the right things by small amounts of feed and water should I clean his feet and dress them . I have some Bactroban 4 x 4's and light cold van from my homecare days until he sees the van
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Is the infection in an open wound?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Is he keeping the food and water down?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian