Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My maltipoo is lost 4 days, she was spotted last thurs but

Customer Question
My maltipoo is lost...
My maltipoo is lost 4 days, she was spotted last thurs but would not let anyone catch her.
She has not been seen at all, 3 of the days it was raining and cold. She has anxiety separation to the point she was very close to our home thurs, but she is so traumatized she was not able to find our house. What are chances of getting her back when she will not let anyone catch her, and has not eaten in four days. Please tell me the truth. I am a mess!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My 5 year old MALTIPOO is lost since Thursday. She was spotted by 6 people, but she would not let anybody catch her. She has not been seen by anybody since Thursday. Fri, sat sun it has been raining heavily and very cold. She has anxiety separation to the point she was very close to home a few times Thursday, but she is so traumatized she could not find our house. What are the chances of getting her back when she won't let anyone catch her, has not eaten in four full days.
Please tell the truth. I am a mess!
1/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

This is a very worrying situation for your lass. If the weather is poor and she has no access to food, then she will be losing weight and getting weak. Since she will have access to water via the rain and puddles, while she may get into a state she will be able to survive for at least a few weeks as she is. Of course, if she is hanging around your neighbourhood, do make sure to put food out for her. That way we can at least counter some of the risk of starvation for her and perhaps lure her home.

Now if members of the public have seen her but cannot catch her, then you may want to ring the local animal control to help. They have the skills and equipment needed to catch her. And if you let them know she is missing as well as give a description and your contact details, then they can ring you once they find her. As well, if you aren't seeing her just now, consider ringing them to make sure they haven't already got her. As well, it'd be ideal to ring local vet practices and rescues to again give them her and your information in case she does end up there.

Overall, the rain does work in our favour from a dehydration risk point of view. But from here we'd want to get the professionals in to help get her home. As well, if she has been near the house, put out some smelly or favourite foods of hers to help lure her back to where she should be.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet

**Please remember to rate my answer as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian