Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My name is ***** ***** & our 2.6 year old Lab limps when

Customer Question
Customer: Hello my name is...
Customer: Hello my name is ***** ***** & our 2.6 year old Lab limps when walking but runs, jumps and is very active, should I be concerned?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She only limps walking, isn't showing pain & her gait is perfect when running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OKAY
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your pup is limping. Does he limp on the same leg every time or does it switch around?

I would be very concerned about bone or joint problems if he is limping regularly. Things to consider include hip dysplasia, knee problems like a partially torn ACL, shoulder problems or even neck problems.

I would recommend taking him to your regular vet for an orthopedic exam. This will localize the pain and then they will be able to take x-rays to see if there are problems.

Does this help? Do you have any more questions?

Dr. Amanda

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago

How is your dog tonight? Any more limping today? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. Amanda

Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian