Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is panting heavily last 8 hours, is lethargic and…

Customer Question
My dog is panting heavily...
My dog is panting heavily for the last 8 hours, is lethargic and will not eat or drink. He is a voracious eater.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Isabella. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

I apologize. I see your dog's name is Danny. I'm sorry for getting it wrong before.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question with me. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available for other experts when you return online.
Thank you for using our website.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Danny is sick this evening.

Panting in dogs is often a sign of pain. Could Danny have injured himself in some way? How about abdominal pain? Can you press on his belly to see if he reacts? Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Please let me know the answers to these questions so that I can help you and Danny this evening,

Dr. Amanda

How is Danny this evening? Any more heavy panting? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. Amanda